Tuesday 7 August 2012

Woodware - Black and White with a Pop of Blue

I have just got my hands on a few new stamps from the latest release from Stampendous. As soon as I saw this Raven on the script background (CRR152 Cling Raven Background), I knew I had to have it. And a perfect choice for this week's challenge at Woodware - "Black and White with a pop of Blue".


The frame was made using another new Stampendous stamp CRR145 Cling Decorative Grate. I cut out the frame from thick white card, stamped all round with the grate stamp in black pigment ink then embossed with clear powder. I just liked the Gothic feel it gave to my main image.


 I 3-D'd the raven, added a bit of blue to his hat along with a black pearl. For a final pop of blue I made a flower from lots of large daisies punched from an old dictionary I picked up from a charity shop. Before assembling the flower I mixed some blue Pearlex powder in a little spritzer bottle with some water and sprayed all the flowers. Once dry it's a case of putting all the layers together with a small brad, a bit of scrunching and a big white pearl to finish. 


 
To get more inspiration, check out the Woodware blog this week to see what the other girls have made

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a fab stamp and love what you've done with him - great stuff x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this colour combo and adore the flower, fab, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love this! I have been eying that stamp also but haven't gotten it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Siobhan, this is just gorgeous! Love the theme, and this is a super interpretation! Great job, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...