Monday 13 August 2012

Woodware - Paper Piecing

I am first to post at Woodware this week. And the theme is "Paper Piecing". This is not something I normally do much of as I am not into fiddly cutting out. But I guess thats why we have so many different challenges. Some suit and others take you out of your comfort zone. 
After a rake through my Woodware stamps I came across this useful set designed by Francoise. It is a clear set FRCL 132 Looking Good. Being clear stamps, positioning on patterned papers is easy. Francoise is really good at this technique so I knew I better make a decent effort at cutting out all the pieces. 


The papers came from a GCD 8x8 pad called Planes and Trains. I like plaids for men's cards, and this one worked a treat.


Here are a couple of close ups of the paper piecing panels. I used coloured pencils for the guy's neck and background for the trousers.


To finish off I added a few buttons from Woodware's coffee and cream mixed bag. These bags of buttons are great value for money. I keep all mine in little spice jars from Ikea on top of my ink pad wall unit and they look great!! Sad I know!!
Be sure to stop by Woodware this week to see what the others make. There are sure to be some great samples as most of them are more into this technique than I am.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Siobhan.
    I've got this set but am never sure what to do with it, now I know.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better watch out i have competition!! Great card and I love all the little touches. Françoisex

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great piece and I really like the plaid paper! Not sure I could do all that cutting though - it would probably drive me mad!
    I seem to have missed a couple of your posts - sorry! - but I'm catching up now!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...