Wednesday 1 August 2012

Woodware - Shrink Plastic

Normally I love shrink plastic. The brand that Woodware sell is what I used to stock in my shop and I use it myself. Somewhere in my garage is a box with some shrink plastic in it. But at the moment the garage is filled with boxes of my son Paul's belongings while he is away travelling to Canada. One look and I decided that I would have to abandon that idea!! But as luck would have it I found a whole sheet of black shrink in my craft room. Easy I thought...intaglio!! Have you ever had one of those evenings where every good idea you have ends in disaster!! Well it was one of those times and everything I tried ended up in the bin!!
So eventually I found a little scrap of white plastic, just enough to punch out a jumbo tag. I thought I better play safe and stamp it to make an embellishment to go on a card. Here it is.....


This is for a friend who loves music and birds and I went for nice vibrant summery colours. I used a Stampendous stamp "Music Score" and a Magenta stamp called "Shadow Branch" to stamp the background.




As the shrink plastic was white I very lightly sponged with soft orange tones before stamping the bird with black stazon. The branch was stamped with Stazon Gold metallic ink. I love this little mini bird, it is so sweet. 
To keep the sort of natural theme I used garden string rather than ribbon to attatch my tag.


The lovely bird stamp is another Stampendous stamp. I have used this many times before and it is still a favourite. If you are looking for Stampendous stamps check out The Stamp Man. They stock a really big range and their prices are very good.
At the end of the day, not what I had planned but I was quite pleased with the result in the end.
Siobhan x

3 comments:

  1. A lovely card and a great tag!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous as always your stamping is exquisite xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Siobhan, the stamping is fantastic and your shrunk tag is perfect ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...