Friday 27 July 2012

The Stamp Man - Anything Goes Celebrations

The latest challenge at The Stamp Man is entitled "Celebrations". I must admit I found this one quite difficult even though there are loads of occasions to celebrate. And then because I couldn't make up my mind I ended up last night having to make something quickly. I started with the Aspect of Design "Antique Script with Keys" stamp. By the time I had that layered up, I had the idea of making it into a more masculine 21st birthday card.


 I used Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed and Vintage Photo for my blended background. Then I built up some layers of stamping for depth.


I dug out some of my Tim Holtz Ideology "Numerals" to add and then embossed them with copper powder. T turned out really nice!!
The "Time to Celebrate was a free stamp ages ago from The Craft Stamper magazine. 

 
 As a finishing touch I added the key and Bob's your uncle or your 21 year old nephew!!
So if you would like to join us at The Stamp Man then come up with your take on a celebration and be in with a chance of winning a £10 voucher.
 
Our circle journal group are off for a picnic tomorrow weather permitting!! Better go and look out the wellies. Hope you have a good weekend whatever you are doing.
Siobhan x
 

2 comments:

  1. As ever my friend this is gorgeous. Wow - looking forward to seeing you very soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you have blended your choice of colours and that Aspects of Design stamp is on my wishlist. Beautiful card. Thanks for your lovely comment. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...