Saturday 14 July 2012

Woodware - Anything But a Square or a Rectangle

I was allowed to have a bit of time off the Woodware team. Kim Reygate did a great job taking my place for a while. But now I am back. This week we were asked to make something that wasn't a square or rectangle. So it's another quickie from me as I am knee deep in boxes. As some of you know my son Paul is heading off on his big adventure to Canada. He leaves on Sunday and so all his belongings have been coming home. What was meant to be two trips to Glasgow turned into now four!! I am trying to get my head together so that I am not a blubbering wreck at the airport!!
I made a little triangle card for my project. I am last up this week and there have been some lovely ideas from the other girls, but thankfully no triangles.


I used a lovely clear set designed by Francoise called Oriental Ladies. There's not much to tell, it literally took 15 mins. The most time consuming part for me was cutting out my geisha girl...I hate cutting out!!


I coloured her with watercolour pencils and added some pink nail heads to her fan. I used a Woodware punch for the flowers and the floral punch art stamen punch for the centres. I finished off with a few pearls. 


 I made a template to cut out my card blank. This one fits nicely into a 6 inch square envelope.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely shaped card and fabulous colouring. Hope you are well Siobhan. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Siobhan. Good luck for tomorrow.
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Siobhan, and colours very gentle. Although a long time ago now , I know how it feels for *yer wee lad* to head off across the world to pastures new. Sure he will do great and you will still blubber at the airport. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...