Friday 13 July 2012

The Stamp Man - Summer Colours

It's my turn to host the latest challenge over at The Stamp Man. The challenge is "Summer Colours - Anything Goes". So you can pretty much make anything you like as long as you chose vibrant summer colours. With all this awful rain, it doesn't feel much like summer. So we will just have to create it in our art work!!
I chose a Cling Hero Arts stamp CG288 Leaf Cluster. I wanted to use the same stamp for the focal point and for my background. This is a great technique for a quick card. As I have quite a lot on just now, quick cards are very useful right now. But that doesn't mean to say, you can't create a lovely card!!


For the main image I used several colours of distress inks....mustard seed, spiced marmalade, wild honey, peeled paint and barn door. I inked up the entire stamp with mustard seed. Then added the other colours from lightest to darkest, finishing with barn door. Use the corner of the pad for more control. Then spritz lightly with water and stamp. The new distress markers give you even more control. I have some of these but none of the vibrant summer colours!! 


Then for the background I blended Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and just a touch of Barn Door. Splatter with water for a lovely distress effect. Then I inked up the clean stamp with Versamark and spritzed with water. Stamp and lift and watch the magic happen. Repeat until happy then heat set. I use this technique so much because I love creating layers of stamping. Then I lightly stamped using spiced marmalade - stamping a couple of times before re inking. Hopefully you can see the effect.


 For more inspiration, pop over to The Stamp Man to see what the Design team have been up to. Remember that there is a £10 voucher for the winner, which I will have to pick after the closing date!!

4 comments:

  1. Love your card, great stamping techniques

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Siobhan.
    So good to see you back. My original card was almost identical in colour so I used my back up card instead. We really do have such similar taste when it comes to all things stamping :O)
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, Siobhan. Thanks for explaining your methods of stamping ... especially the trick with VersaMark ... one to try, I think :) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous zingy orange, and thank you for the detailed technique-y stuff too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...