Thursday 26 July 2012

Woodware DT - Zentangle

This week we have been asked to to some zentangle. Luckily I had bought a book on it at the last craft fair in Glasgow. And I took the stuff I needed on holiday with us so I could have a play. But we were blessed with good weather and the zentangle stuff never got taken out of the bag. So this week I had to have a quick go and come up with a sample to post today. 
So I dug out my Dreamweaver outline stencils and found the two ginger jars. Once I got started I quite enjoyed it and can easily see how it can become addictive. So please be forgiving as this was my first attempt but I am sure I will get better with a bit of practise.



Once i finished layering up I used a script background paper and a Chinese coin to finish off.


The coin was finished off with a couple of cocktail sticks coloured with black ink and a bit of silver thread wrapped around the sticks. 




There have been some brilliant samples of Zentangle on the Woodware blog this week. Be sure to check them out. I love the fact that you can stamp out or draw your outline, then all you need is a fine tipped black pen.
Hope you have a good weekend. 
Siobhan x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Siobhan, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - for a beginner you've certainly got the hang of this quickly! The effects are amazing as seen here but I'm not sure I would ever finish a piece. . . Like the idea of taking it on holiday though - suppose I'd be like you and not take it out of the bag!!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab, can't believe you're a beginner, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Siobhan! Love how you Zentangled with both jars! I just linked your post to the Dreamweaver Facebook page to show off your skills!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...