Friday 20 July 2012

Woodware DT - Grey and Chartreuse





The colour theme for this weeks project was chosen by our American DT member Pam. She makes a lot of gorgeous samples for Stampendous and Dreamweaver and her blog is well worth checking out. She gave us a lovely photo of this colour scheme used for a living room.


 Not normally a colour combination I would choose but I actually like it!! Here is my interpretation of the brief.


I used the lovely Stampendous stamp CRF215 Profile Portrait which I stamped in a soft grey. I blended the background with shades of yellows and greens to try to achieve the feel of Chartreuse. I added some layers of stamping for depth.



I used a combination of embossing powders around the edge (Lettuce, Champagne and Aged Silver - all Stampendous) to give it a Frantaged look.



The words were computer generated and cut out. Really as a reminder to myself!!! Stampendous have a stamp which says "Enjoy Life's Simple Pleasures" which would do nicely. It's on my shopping list!! And then I made a paper rose to finish off.
Join us next week when we have a go at Zentangle. That should be interesting!!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Yet another beautiful card. Love the colours for this theme and you have captured them superbly. Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the colour palette and great layout and image too. Enjoy your weekend Siobhan. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful. I love the embossing and the stamped image is gorgeous - it's a pre-raphaelite image isn't it? I've tried to get it but failed sadly.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! love your use of the colour inspiration. Hope you have a good weekend. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...