Monday 2 July 2012

Woodware Design Team - Sketch Challenge 14

Hi Everyone.....!! Yes I am back. I have had a bit of time away from my craft room. As some of you know I had a few months of not feeling very well and everying was getting a little too much. Dorothy kindly gave me a month off the Woodware team and I resigned from some other commitments. I am starting to feel better and I am recently back from two weeks holiday in Harris. My son leaves for Canada in two weeks time so we have also been helping him get all his belongings back home. I am trying to get my head round to the fact that he could be away for a couple of years and may even settle out there if things work out. Thank goodness for e-mail and Skype, at least it will be easier to keep in touch.
Anyway to cut a long story short, I am back and hope to catch up with a lot of my favourite blogs and try and get back into crafting over the next few weeks. Thanks for those of you who sent lovely e-mails to wish me well. They really cheered me up. And a big thanks to the lovely Kim Reygate who filled in for me at Woodware during June. Her samples were all gorgeous.
This week at Woodware it's a sketch challenge and I am first to kick off!! All this football is taking it's toll. As I write this hubby is next door about to watch the European cup final ... best to stay out of the way I think.
Here is the sketch :


And here is my sample : 


I missed the metal challenge last week so I thought I would have a go using metal for my background. I used aluminium tape bought from a DIY superstore. I applied it to a sheet of card stock and then added lines and rivets etc with some metal tools. I covered the whole panel with brown and black alcohol inks and then sanded it to reveal this cool effect. I wanted it to look a bit like the metal on the side of a ship. 
The Stampendous steam boat CRP 155 was the perfect image for my focal point. I silver embossed some  metal cogs from another Stampendous set Steampunk Gears SSC 1143 on the black strip of card.


I added a Happy Birthday and some black nail heads (silver ones coloured with a black permanent marker) for the finishing touch.


I have just noticed my steam boat is listing a bit!!
Hope you all have a good week.
Siobhan x

9 comments:

  1. Siobhan, so glad that you are back and feeling better. Sometimes life can just be overwhelming. Love your card for the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see your work again and to know you are feeling better.
    Love the metal background in this piece - right up my street!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Siobhan, lovely to see you back.I hope that you are feeling well rested. It was my pleasure to stand in for you.
    Love the background to the card, what a clever girly you are.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Siobhan. Sorry I have had to tag on to the end of Kim's comment. So pleased to see you back. Hope you are feeling better. Stunning card. Take care.
      Regards Florence x

      Delete
  4. Welcome back Siobhan - I have missed looking at your lovely projects and what a great card you have come back with. Keep feeling much better. Cheers Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Siobhan - So glad you are back and feeling better - have missed your postings. Love the card.
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. another great card..............have missed your postings. Look forward to seeing more of your inspiring work soon. Hope the weather n harris was kind to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better Siobhan. Your card is brilliant. I must look for some of the aluminium tape.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...