Wednesday 28 March 2012

Woodware DT - Pull out the Punches

This week at Woodware we are pulling out the punches. The very first Woodware trade workshop I went to was also their 10th birthday! I was lucky enough to take  a workshop with a lovely lady who had travelled all the way from Australia. This was of course Leone Em. Her work was amazing. At the time I struggled to make a few lilies. But the techniques she showed us I use all the time to help shape my flowers and leaves and I have got a little better at it over the years.


Our cherry tree is in blossom just now and it looks gorgeous. That gave me the idea to use the sakura and stamen punch for my paper cherry blossom.


For ages I could not get the hang of making roses. But I watched a couple of You Tube videos and now I quite enjoy making them. 


Over the years I have bought a few of the bigger foliage punches and they have proved their worth many times! Here I have used 3 different ones : Ash Family II, Stem and Evergreen.
Now and then it is nice to make something a bit different. Can't be grungy all the time!!
Siobhan

10 comments:

  1. Siobhan - your card is truly wonderful - the flowers alone are gorgeous. You are very talented. Cheers Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siobhan. This really is so very pretty and beautifully made.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, just lovely! Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, full of detail but not fussy...............you never cease to amaze me.
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous and very elegant card - fab punches too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Siobhan, lovely flowers and a beautiful layout.
    Also, love how you have altered the canvas in the previous post.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Siobhan.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The is sooooo pretty Siobhan, I love how you've arranged the flowers and foliage and the colours are perfect!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. another fabulous card from the Desk of Siobhan - love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card I love the design and those flowers are fab Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...