Sunday 16 October 2011

What a Busy Week

What a busy week it's been!!  On Thursday we said goodbye to Linda, one of my colleagues at work. I have known Linda for about 15 years. I wanted to make a journal for her to take Australia next week to see her daughter. When I should have been making DT samples I was trying to finish off the journal and card and some bunting. However it was fun to make a book for a change.

 
Linda
The PRI team Pam, Linda and me
We also measured up for our new uniforms this week. It will be good to get out of scrubs. Whilst very comfortable, it feels like you are wearing pyjamas!!

Rory our Westie had to have a second eye operation on Friday to remove a stubborn ulcer from his right eye. The poor old soldier has been blind for some time due to cataracts because he's diabetic. Once this ulcer problem is sorted he will hopefully be able to get one cataract removed so he will be able to see a bit.


So it's another lampshade for another 10 days. As you can see he is not a happy bunny!! He is doing a lot of muttering to himself. We are hoping it will all be worth it in the end.
Yesterday I joined the ladies at the Fair City Stampers for a special workshop. They had invited Kath from Aberdeenshire to come and do a Canvas workshop based on sewing stamps. It was good fun and lovely to see some of the lovely ladies I got to know through Stampaholics.
This is what we made:

A Stitch in Time
We also made a couple of cards:


I better go and catch up with some housework, before my hubby gets home from watching Table Tennis!!
Siobhan

4 comments:

  1. Wow Siobhan you have been busy, your work colleague will love the journal you created for her and will cherish it I'm sure. Love love your creation from your workshop, I love sewing themes and this is fabulous. Oh poor Rory, bless him, hopefully it will all be worth it in the end. He is so so cute. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siobhan, your unhappy bunny is hopefully gonna be alot better soon, bless him.
    Love you sewing theme pieces with fabulous colours, stamps and added elements. The kraft cards also are beautiful.
    Hope you are having a good Sunday.
    luv {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! bless hope the pooch is on the mend. Love youe gorgeous sewing pieces. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved checking out your work. You do a beautiful job... the piece with the rose leaves is gorgeous. I am Nancy and I live in the Midwest part of the United States. Since I have begun to check out blogs, I feel as if I am traveling the world. Keep up your great art.
    Nancy_Dees@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...