Thursday 6 October 2011

Woodware Design Team - Sketch Challenge 5

Well it's time for another Sketch Challege. This is a nice easy one.

 I bought a couple of new clear sets from Stampendous whilst at The Stamp Man. So this week I wanted to try to be subtle and elegant, in between getting ready to go away and dealing with our Westie Rory and his lampshade!! He had to have an operation to remove a ulcer from his eye. The main set I used is SSC1120 Damask Chair. The border on this set is exquisite. And the chair is just so elegant.

The stamping was done mainly in grey. I found the black just a tad too harsh for the look I wanted. For the chair I inked up the stamp with turquoise first. I stamped very lightly onto some scrap paper, then inked on top with the grey. This gives you a bit of a two tone effect.

The chair was then cut out and mounted on foam tape to make sure it popped a bit.  The swirls on the chair background are also on the set. S0 there we have it, very simple. I thought about using this card for a collegue at work who is about to retire!! Remember to check out the Woodware Blog to see what the other girls have done with this sketch challenge.


 

 

 

 

 


 

5 comments:

  1. It may be simple but it's extremely effective. The colours and image work so well together. It looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siobhan,
    I love the layout and the way the colours tone in together. The chair image is very elegant. Wonderful scalloped frame. Brilliant card.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful elegant card, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant card, love love the chair. Hope Rory is ok. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful, Siobhan. I love the colours you've used and that chair is really elegant. Using the grey ink over the turquoise works really well.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...