Tuesday 6 September 2011

Ethel - Where has all the Money Gone!!

It's time for this week's sample for Creative Expressions. I have used Ethel with her curlers in for this card from the "Wrinkles Don't Hurt" set. The sentiment is very apt I am sure for most of us, especially if we have recently got a bit carried away in a craft shop!!
I have used oval nesties for the matting. The lovely lace-like border is from one of the recent Spellbinder sets Parisian Accents. It is a really useful set.


I hand stitched the border and cross stitches with brown linen thread. The button came from a recent purchase of lovely buttons from Textile Garden. If you are looking for some nice buttons then check out this site!! 
The flower is from another recent Spellbinder set called Carnation Creations . I gave them a bit of shape by using a large ball embossing tool on a embossing mat and put them together with a brad.


I quite like the peachy tones. It reminds me of some Laura Ashley style prints my Grandmother had in her house.
On a completely different note, my daughter Catriona was home at the weekend and I found a few doggy pictures on my camera. She always seems to get better shot than I do!!
Here's Alfie lounging on his chair. He is definitely not a dainty miniature Schnauzer!!


He normally looks more like this:


Hope you are all having a good week!
Siobhan

8 comments:

  1. Alfie stole the show, he is adorable LOL. Fabulous card, love the flower . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siobhan,
    This is fabulous fun card. I love it. I'm sure you can imagine that William liked this one.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos of Alfie. Its a fun card, love the sentiment. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure I don't know what you mean about being a craft addict (maybe I do after my friend's reaction to my stash this afternoon!) Lovely card! You've put so much work into it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and Alfie is so cute.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. Those papers are beautiful and your new Spellbinders dies look fabulous.
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous card and fabulous dog ! I have just got a miniature schnauzer puppy,there are some pics of him on my blog http://www.ellascraftcreations.blogspot.com/
    love and hugs
    chris richards
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Siobhan,

    I love your wee dog Alfie.
    I typed my dog's name into google and his photie came up.
    My wife Sandie and I have had our wee ALFIE FYFFE for just over 2 years now. He's a Shih-Tzu and is like having a wee cartoon dog living with us.
    Looks like your Alfie is a bit like that too.

    Regards,
    Dave Fyffe,
    Andover, Englan.
    Ex; Dundee.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...