Tuesday 6 September 2011

Woodware Design Team - Sketch Challenge

This week is another sketch challenge over at Woodware. Here is the sketch :


Nice and simple. I thought I would do a couple of Christmas samples this time. I have just received a couple of new Woodware Christmas stamp sets. The Christmas tree comes from a new Francoise set FRCL 204  Teardrop Christmas. I used to do special workshops that included a set of stamps and I often used Woodware sets. They were always good value for money and this set would have been perfect. 


FRCL 204  Teardrop Christmas
I am sure I will be using this set again for future challenges. I used a traditional colour scheme for this very easy card. I don't know about you but I tend to do more simple ideas for Christmas.

The tree was embossed using a Stampendous embossing powder called Nutmeg. I also dry brushed a little gesso onto the dotty paper to make it look a little more interesting. Some simple layering and a sentiment to complete. 
The sentiment comes from another new Woodware set designed by Jane Gill JGCL 551. I embellished it with gold nail heads. 

The next sample is the sketch used the other way up.
This time I used a Stampendous set SSC1013 Winter Trees
to create my little winter scene. This is a lovely little set which I have used quite a bit in the past. This time I have gone for blues and greys.
The border for the centre strip was made using the Woodware Crafty edger starter set (with the ribbon slot border)

A Winter's Day
Check out the other girls work this week at the Woodware blog.

4 comments:

  1. Two beautiful Christmas cards. I love the nutmeg embossing powder.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siobhan,
    These are both beautiful cards with gorgeous images. It's amazing how the same sketch can look so different when turned round.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards, will be looking for the nutmeg power. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely cards Siobahn and love the powder, luv Georginax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...