Friday 30 September 2011

Woodware Design Team - Something for the Boys

This week I decided to do a fun card to fit the brief fo "Something for the Boys". I had a rake through my Woodware stamps and found this set that Francoise designed called "Jungle Pals".
FRCL127 

This is a great set for boys and girls. I often make a Criss Cross card for my nieces and nephews as it's a nice way to tuck in a gift card or some money. 
To make the basic pocket, cut a 12 x 12 sheet of card in half. Score both down the middle as if you are making a 6" card blank. On one cut from the top centre to the bottom right corner (so you have a 6 in square with a triangle attached). On the second piece cut from top centre to bottom left. Stick one square on top of the other and fold in the two flaps. Run a line of DS tape along the bottom edge of both the flaps and stick down.
Then cut a strip of card to form the wrap around band and you are ready to decorate. 
If any one is interested in more details, then I could do it as a tutorial.

The insert is where you can write your message.

It's nice too to make a matching bookmark, which can also get tucked into the pocket.



I did this idea in a Christmas workshop
which seemed quite popular.
Check out the Woodware blog for more details on stockists









When you see this post appear I will be on my way to Ireland to see my Dad and sister. My sister Michelle loves crafting too so I am making up a goody box to take over. There aren't so many craft shops where she lives so she is alway happy to get a few new things to play with.
Siobhan

4 comments:

  1. I really like this- did you use Copics to colour the images? Looking good x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tutorial sounds good, I'm better with pictures lol. Lovely card, and one of my favourite stamp sets for small people.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you've done with these stamps :) They are so cute :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...