Friday 9 September 2011

Hanging About

This months challenge at Crafty Individuals  is "Hanging About". The challenge was chosen by Lucy Edmondson and her brief was  ‘this would give people scope to do a wall hanging, canvas, frame, lantern, bird cage, bird house, jewellery, dangly things on cards, pennants – all sorts. Or they could interpret it as friends hanging about together.’    It is nice to do things other than cards so I decided to do a little triptych bird hanging using Autumn colours. While deciding what size to make each panel, I came across a pile of beer mats my friend Liz had given me. I liked the shape of them rather than being square and thought they would be ideal.

The back to show the beer mats I used!!
 Here's how I got on:
 All the stamps used are Crafty Individuals. I love the owl so had to include him of course!!

Top panel
If you like buttons, check out Textile Garden. That's where I found the lovely metallic leaf button. I just rubbed over some coffee archival ink to darken.
The next panel includes a piece of stampboard:

Centre Panel
I coloured the stampboard domino with Distress inks, then stamped in Coffee archival. I then triple embossed it to give a lovely enamelled look. The chipboard bird was done the same way but with some gold glimmer mist sprayed on before embossing to give it a bit of shimmer. I stamped the foliage stamp in gold and embossed with a detail gold powder.
For the final panel I used my favourite little wren stamp and made a feature of it on the die-cut frame.




I stamped trees along the bottom. Then to finish off I die-cut some leaves from shrink plastic. I coloured them with Brilliance inks before shrinking.
There are lots of inspiring samples on the Crafty Individuals blog. 
Hope you all have a good weekend!
Siobhan

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous altered beer mats and beautifully embellished. Live that button. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Siobhan,
    This is a stunning creation. The colours and images are beautiful. I would recognise this as yours anywhere. Gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb Siobhan, beautifully decorated! Thanks for joining us again this month. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, beautifully altered beer mats and love the autumnal colours. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is this Siobhan,love it, luv Georginax

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome Siobhan - following your blog and loving all of your creations - really appreciate your sharing and brilliant to see you're enjoying the challenge.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully altered beer mats. I love the colours and embellishments.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, Siobhan! I have often admired your work. Love the shrink leaves, the triple embossing - well, all of it really! Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals' challenge,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty!I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful.....

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Siobhan, I've only just discovered you through the CI blog - can't think why it's taken me so long, your work is fabulous. The wall-hanging is great - the beer mat shape is terrific, love all the stamping and the shrink leaves are the perfect embellishment. I'm sure to be back to see your work again now that I've signed up as a follower. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful Siobhan !! Love it !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi
    This is definitely a Siobhan piece of art. It immediately speaks to me of being created by you.
    A stunning hanging with amazing stamping and attention to detail.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's fantastic, love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Siobhan, this is stunning. The colours are gorgeous and the shape's so unusual - I LOVE it x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...