Tuesday 27 September 2011

The Old Jalopy

I am talking about the car here and not my husband Graham!! It's his 50th birthday next week so I thought I better get a card done as we are going to Ireland on Friday to see my Dad and sister.
I bought this lovely Sizzix Tim Holtz die at The Stamp Man in Skipton, when we went down to the retreat. I have been dying to have a play with it. I love it!!

The Old Jalopy
I used some of the gorgeous papers from Tim Holtz's Kraft Resist Paper Stash for the car and the background. I wasn't sure where all the bits of wheels and fenders went but I think they look OK. I even put acetate behind the windows with a bit of silver alcohol ink to look like sunlight reflecting off the glass.


The silver numbers were altered with alcohol inks. The sentiment came from a new Indigo Blur set (as did the compass dial) "Grand Tour III".


And as a finishing touch I added a steam punk charm. My friend Linda and I bought a heap of great charms at Embsay crafts also when we were down for the retreat.
I think my hubby will like this. He never looks at my blog so I can share it now before his big day!!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous 50rh card, I love love the jalopy and the sentiment is perfect as is the charm. He will love this I am sure. Enjoy your trip. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation Siobhan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, have a super holiday. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...