Friday 23 September 2011

The Stamp Man Challenge - A Perfect Pear

When I arrived at the retreat at Beamsley last Friday, Janet (part of Lovin' Ink) told me I had won the last Stamp Man Challenge. So I was really chuffed. We just happened to manage a trip to the shop the next day and I was able to spend my voucher (and a good bit more!!). Then Jill (Mrs Stamp Man) asked if I would like to join the Design Team!!!
Well I was so surprised but delighted too. I try to enter their challenge every fortnight because of the high standard of entries to look at.
So this is my first go!! I didn't have alot of time for this one so it's a quick project. Janet lent me her pear stamps at the retreat and I finished off the sample at home. The pear I used is a beautiful patterned pear by

Here is what I did with it: 



The background was made by blending 3 colours of Distress (Antique Linen, Scattered Straw and Brushed Corduroy). Then I inked up the large Music background stamp (Hero Arts) with Versamark and spritzed with water. I stamped onto the background card. This lifts off some of the ink to create a subtle resist in reverse. I love this technique as a first layer of stamping when building up backgrounds.The swirl at the side is another beautiful Hero Arts stamp called Fabulous Flourish (well named!!). I stamped this with second generation Brushed Corduroy.
I stamped two pears. One I cut out with an oval nestie and the other I cut out the pear without the leaf and stem. The cut out pear was then shaped on a mat with a big ball embossing tool and then silicon glue applied in the hollow to keep the rounded shape. This was a technique shown to me by the lovely Liz on the retreat!!
The rest is pretty easy to work out. All the embellishments are die cut with Spellbinders. I bought the Foliage set (where the leaves came from) this weekend too. The quote is from one of Tim Holtz's Stampers Anonymous sets CMS110 "Stuff to Say"

To show detail of the background
All the products used in this card are available from The Stamp Man. Remember to check out what the rest of the DT did with this challenge and drop by the Stamp Man Challenge Blog.
It seems a bit unreal to be part of such a talented DT!!
Siobhan

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant Siobhan, I love the colours and the reverse resist works perfectly.

    Welcome to the team, it is lovely to have you aboard with you fabulous blog and works of art. I look forward to designing alongside you.

    Have a great weekend.

    luv and hyugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Siobhan, I love what you have done with this stamp fantastic.Lv Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Siobhan. It's really lovely to have you on the team.
    This is just stunning. What a gorgeous pear, I must look out for that one, and i love how you've done a reverse resist.
    The colours are just right for this time of year and that leaf die is another beauty!!
    Have a great weekend
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning creation Siobhan, just my kind of thing. Congrats on joining the design team over at The Stamp Man, lucky girl.
    Love and hugs
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a collector of pear stamps, and I fell in love with this one. How can I find one to buy? I am in the USA, but I am willing to pay shipping internationally to get this fabulous stamp. And you did wonders with your card! No wonder you made the design team for The Stamp Man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Storky46
    Just saw your comment tonight. This pear stamp is from a range made by The Stamp Man. Just google it and you should find it. They will ship anywhere. There is also a lovely pear stamp by a company called Artemio (from Belgian) which you might not have seen. Woodware in the UK distribute Artemio http://www.woodware.co.uk/detail_display01.php?ProdID=4905&ProdSKU=10020013
    Hope this helps.
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate them.
Siobhan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...